|Why do our clients choose COS|
Why manage risk until you figure out how much risk you have?
Ensure you’ve got the full picture. Do more than glance to the left and the right to garner best practices. The COS Risk Management Program is comprehensive, efficient and effective. Here’s what we do:
- Assessment. We use the right assessment tool for your institution. Yes, we have lots of assessment tools and strategies. There is no one-size-fits-all.
- Apply weighting to results and then evaluate. We factor in school mission, school community, school size and school location—before evaluation.
- Committee deliberation informed by data. Bring your stakeholders into the discussion for better buy-in at the end.
- Implementation. Plan, schedule, contingencies. Training for all members of the community: Faculty, staff, parents, board, students, parents and outside vendors.
- Test and tweak. The job’s not done until it is working. Consistently. Embraced by all.
Our Areas of Expertise
Athletic Programs • Bullying, Cyber-Bullying and Harassment
Crisis Response and Crisis Management • Employee Practices, Contracts, and Training
Physical Plant Safety • School Violence • Sexual Misconduct • Strategic Planning
Student Safety • Substance Use • Technology and IT Audits
Attend our Annual School Safety and Risk Management Conference to dialogue on best practices, new technologies and emerging areas of concern.
Risk Management Programs
- Blackouts, Brownouts, & BAL’s: An Inside Look at Alcohol & the Brain
- Boundary Setting with Digital Fences
- Building Bridges
- Cyber-Smarts for the Gifted & Talented
- Disciplinary Board Training for Sexual Misconduct
- Emergency Preparedness Best Practices for Schools
- Eternal High
- Prescription for Disaster
- Teen Hook-Up Culture: From Alphacyberpals to Zuckering
- When We Say No, They Hear Maybe