Schools committed to a comprehensive, sustainable, research-driven approach on healthy relationships, inclusivity and mindfulness join the COS Partnership Program. We bolster the skills and effectiveness of your team by bringing you national experts, inspiring educators, up-to-date curricula, and risk management best practices. We train your advisors, empower your student leaders, engage your parents and evaluate your policies and procedures.
The Partnership Program is multi-year (typically 4-8 year) commitment to working with COS around one or more key risk and wellness issues. We set-up an initial plan and then annually re-evaluate and adjust programming and resources as indicated at year-end based on data and feedback.
COS has hundreds of schools and colleges using the Partnership Program, and our members benefit from benchmarking with peer institutions. They count on COS to grow with their institution, from understanding their history with an issue to how their student and employees continue to evolve and grow in part with our support.
Our long-standing relationships are built on trust, commitment and excellence. For example, we have worked with Amherst College for 8+ years, with Brown University for 10+ years, with Harvard-Westlake School for 10+ years, with Greenwich Academy for 15+ years, and Virginia Military Institute for 5+ years.
Wellness Library Access
Climate Survey Use
Handbook and Policy Updates
Partnership Members Resources
- A customized Character and Wellness Program: We begin with an assessment of need and goal-setting. We review research on developmental best practices for wellness education, your current in-house staff resources, and the time allocated to wellness education.
- On-site Programs: Next, we create a plan to deliver the educational material to your students, parents and faculty over four years. We offer facilitation guides, curricula supplements, and survey instruments. One size does not fit all, and with the annually updated and customized programs your institution will receive, we anticipate being more effective in our work to address negative behaviors and attitudes and better promoting the positive.
- On-demand Training Sessions for Faculty and Parents: We address essential safety, risk and wellness issues for your faculty and staff, including overnight care of students.
- Wellness and Safety Curricula: Ensure you can educate your community on over fifteen top issues facing students with up-to-date materials. Curricula are inclusive of students representing diverse cultures, races, religions, sexual orientations, and genders.
- E-Classrooms: packed with web-seminars featuring nationally known experts and compelling public speakers.
- Survey Instruments: Assess campus safety, student wellness and risk issues, with a focus on incidence and bystander behavior.
- Unlimited Access to the COS Wellness Resource Library. Over 1000 on-demand resources to reach all members of your community with up-to-date, intelligent education on over 15 major wellness topics. All resources are available through your institution’s individual portal, with unlimited use and unlimited logon’s.
“I offer our unqualified and enthusiastic support for COS and Katie’s work. We have engaged Katie’s team for faculty training, for targeted class training, and for all school training/conversation. Katie has worked with us to tailor her team’s presentations to our specific needs and to dovetail with our community life and human development programs. We have benefited from Katie’s and her teams’ on-going presence at the front edge of national conversations. Working with Katie and COS has made our school better and our work in this incredibly challenging area easier.”
A Sample Year in the Partnership Program – Schedule and Resources
Focus: Healthy Relationships, Respect, Boundaries, Sexual Misconduct
- Faculty and Staff Sexual Misconduct, Gender, Harassment and Boundaries Training and Resource Web-Portal
- Parent Sexual Misconduct, Gender, Harassment and Boundaries Resource Web-Portal
- Students Sexual Misconduct, Gender, Harassment and Boundaries Resource Web-Portal
- Healthy Relationship Curriculum and Facilitation Guide
- Harassment Curriculum and Facilitation Guide
- Gender and Sexual Identity Curriculum and Facilitation Guide
- Sexual Misconduct Curriculum and Facilitation Guide
- Training Webinar for Facilitators on Healthy Relationships, Gender and Sexual Misconduct
- Training Guide for Facilitations on Healthy Relationships, Gender and Sexual Misconduct
- Supplementary Resource List on Sexual Misconduct and Healthy Relationships
- Activities and Awareness Guides on Healthy Relationships, Sexual Misconduct and Respect
- Pre/Post Tests for all programming to benchmark Knowledge, Attitude, Behavior and Bystander Skills
10am – 4pm: Task Force Meeting with Katie Koestner from 10am to 4pm to review survey results; existing policies, procedures, roles and responsibilities; and establish vision for year
August 26th, 9am – 5pm
9am – 12noon: COS Team Administration Risk Management Training: Drill with Real Time Case Study for Task Force: Sexual Misconduct Situation Room—civil liability, requirements on reporting and notification, media attention, parent resistance, faculty polarization, and student protest
1pm- 5pm: Disciplinary Drill for All Divisions (Deans and Disciplinary Boards)
10am – 4pm: 3 sessions for Orientation on Sexual Misconduct Policies and Procedures (1.5 each with JK – 6, 7-12 and staff/employees)
Boundary Survey for students in grades 7-12 and all employees
9am – 4pm: Facilitator Training Day
- 2 hours – Training for Faculty/Staff who will lead US facilitation groups
- 2 hours – Training for Faculty/Staff who will lead 7-8th grade facilitation groups
- 90 minutes – Training with Respect Peer Leaders
7pm – 8:30pm: Parent Policy Orientation for PK-6 Parents on Healthy Relationships and Sexual Misconduct
9am – 4 pm: “Respect Day” with COS Team for grades 4-12 (see content details here)
7 – 8:30pm: Parent Night for 7-12 Parents on Healthy Relationships and Sexual Misconduct
9am – 9pm: COS Team of 4 presenters for “Healthy Relationship Day” for grades 7-12, faculty, staff and parents
Climate Survey for grades 7-12 and all employees
10am – 1pm: Senior Transitions to College Program for seniors and their parents