Wellness-Connect Peer Leader Certification
Shape your school climate with empowered student leaders on respect, bias, anti-racism, mindfulness, substance use and more. Our year-long virtual training program connects student leaders from high schools throughout the country and around the world – both with their peers and with best-selling authors, media and thought-leaders, and inspiring personal storytellers.
Compelling curricula, live-webinars, and awareness tools are provided each month on eight critical student wellness and safety issues each school year. Students are engaged in community service, both within their own communities as well as around the world to foment positive change.
What is the Wellness-Connect Peer Leadership
An experiential online program for high school student leaders and their advisors desiring to build skills, knowledge, and the ability to educate and impact their own communities on important issues including, anti-racism, respect, sexual misconduct, mindfulness, substance use, anxiety, harassment and bias.
Who should participate?
Student leaders. Leadership program advisors. Counselors. Health educators. Nurses. Deans of Students. Student athletes. Youth group advisors. Wellness professionals. Coaches. Camp counselors.
Is the curriculum a match for our community?
The program content is customizable to mission match for any institution or organization. The common messages are wellness, safety and respect. Specific morals, values and strategies for a variety of demographics are reviewed.
We invite all institutions, public and private; religiously affiliated and nondenominational; commuter and residential; large and small; urban and rural; and all populations working with young people.
Garner Knowledge and Skills to Empower Your Community
Institute Learning Outcomes
- Participants will be able to define and identify acts of racism, harassment, bias, and other forms of discrimination.
- Participants will be able to define incapacitation and consent.
- Participants will be able to identify qualities of healthy, respectful relationships.
- Participants will be able to identify ways to respond to racism and other forms of discrimination.
- Participants will be able to list three ways to intervene if they witness discrimination and disrespectful behavior.
Included Resources and Take-Aways
- Certificate of completion for Wellness-Connect Peer Leader Training upon passing the W-C Year-End Test
- Wellness-Connect Peer Leader Portal access
- Year-long use of online training program – both live and recorded on-demand access.
Sign up by August 10, 2020 for the reduced rate of $1500. Training Schedule and Portal access send upon registration.