MEET OUR STAFF
Committed to the same energized vision of making respect the standard.
COS is comprised of our incredible core staff plus 50+ talented presenters, educators and trainers based throughout the US. We come together to work with our clients on-site and on-line. Each of us offer a unique, diverse perspective, but all of us are committed to the same energized vision of making respect the standard.
Our presenters combine knowledge, poise, and passion. Conference planners call us to ensure their keynote choice produces a pin-drop experience. Organizations depend on us to provide a consultant whose advice is sure to shape and improve their community culture.
- Katie Koestner is the first woman to speak out nationally and publicly as the victim of campus “date” rape and appeared on the cover of TIME Magazine at age 18.
- She is the subject of an HBO movie, and has appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show, NBC Nightly News, CNBC Talk Live, CNN, Larry King Live, Good Morning America, Later Today, MSNBC, Entertainment Tonight and other national television programs.
- Katie has lectured for over 5000 schools and organizations in North America and around the world. Her audiences have included the incoming classes at MIT, Brown University, West Point, the US Naval Academy, Amherst College, Williams College, the top 200 officers of the Department of Defense, and the American Association of School Administrators.
- Katie is the architect of a sexual misconduct response system, model school sexual misconduct policies and the Respect My Red campaign. She has assisted the US Department of Education in developing and providing programs to women in high risk communities.
- Her testimony on Capitol Hill was instrumental in the passage of federal student safety legislation, including the Victims’ Bill of Rights and the Campus Security Act.
- She has an honorary doctorate from Coe College for her extensive work on student safety and public service.
- Graduate from Mount St. Mary’s University and holds a Master’s of Science from Shippensburg University.
- Formed a Women’s Empowerment program at Mount St. Mary’s University and was awarded the Third Century Scholar Award in 2009.
- Serves as the Program Director for the Take Back The Night Foundation, overseeing national campaigns and assisting event holders to organize walks, runs, vigils and other programming components.
- Served as the Conference Coordinator for The International Summit to End Sexual Violence in 2016.
- Awarded a Certificate of Advocacy from the United States Department of Veteran Affairs in 2016.
- Graduate from Baylor University and holds a Master’s in Exercise Physiology.
- Has over 15 years of experience in collegiate athletics and currently oversees the Student-Athlete Development department at Baylor University.
- Serves as a Green Dot Coordinator at Baylor University.
- Served on the board for the National Association of Academic Athletic Advisors.
- Served as the Director of the Baylor Leadership Academy.
- 2011 graduate of the NCAA Leadership Institute.
- Facilitated the NCAA Career in Sports Forum, Leadership Forum, and NFL Prep 100.
Director of Men’s Involvement
- Graduate from University of Virginia and holds a Master’s in Education from Harvard.
- Began work in sexual violence prevention as a peer educator at UVA, and was awarded the Algernon Sidney Sullivan Award from UVA
- Identified by Ebony Magazine as “super man” because of commitment to activism focused on fighting intimate violence.
- Served as a Prevention Specialist at Harvard and helped to implement the University’s violence prevention policies.
- Work has been featured in Huffington Post, Ebony Magazine, and VoiceMale.
- Recipient of the Men of Vision Award, the 2000 Gilbert J. Sullivan Award, the 2001 Gregory Raven Batipps Scholarship, and the Association of Black Harvard Women’s 2007 “Strivers in the Community” Panel Position.
- Graduate from St. Norbert College and holds a Master of Arts from Stony Brook University.
- Started working with and advocating for diverse populations as a graduate student at Stony Brook University.
- Continues advocacy through being an active member of the National Academic Advising Association and presenting for the National Association of Student Affairs.
- Awarded Outstanding Student Organization Advisor of the Year for her work with Colleges Against Cancer at Carthage College.
- Empowers others to reflect on their leadership styles in terms of their advocacy & allyhood to diverse communities and inspires them to step up and take action.
- Distinct capacity to create lasting, meaningful connections with wide audiences including students, faculty, staff, and parents.
What’s been said about “Drew”:
- Engaging, quick-witted speaker, and strong advocate for inclusivity and diversity
- Seasoned professional with direct experience educating students, middle school through higher education, as well as faculty, staff, and parents in diversity and leadership.
- Nyk Robertson grew up in Kansas as a young queer person. Their struggle with reconciling their family, religion, queerness and gender identity in small town America is what built their resilience as well as drive to support others going through similar struggles.
- Nyk has served as Swarthmore College’s Assistant Director of the Intercultural Center offering services and support for Asian American, LatinX, Multiracial, Native American, Queer (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender), low-income, international, and first-generation college students.
- Nyk has a bachelor’s degree in English with a minor in poetry from Simmons College. Their Master’s degree is from Emporia State College in Gender Culture Studies. Nyk is currently completing their doctorate.
- Their academic research involves looking at the ways in which language constructs a subjectivity for gender non-binary folx and how spoken word poetry produces a space for this language to be created in a way other literature does not.
Community Outreach Director
- Travis Marshall grew up in an ethnically diverse New Jersey suburb, raised by his hard- working mother who is a domestic violence survivor.
- Travis has his bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Massachusetts where he attended as a first-generation college student. He holds a Master of Business Administration & Certificate in Strategic Leadership from Rosemont College.
- He has worked professionally in the aerospace industry, but realized his greatest gifts were as a teacher in the universal language of mathematics as a mentor and advisor to students learning to realize their own academic potentials.
- Currently, Travis is the Assistant Dean and Director of the Office of Experiential Opportunities & Post Graduate Success at Rosemont College as well as an adjunct professor in the Mathematics Department.
Policy and Risk Management Director
- Todd Kamenash is the Director of the Office of Student Conduct at Kent State University where he oversees adjudication of alleged violations of the Code of Student Conduct, processes cases of academic cheating and plagiarism, and ensures Hearing Officers are informed and trained on all policies and procedures within the Code of Student Conduct.
- Todd is a member of numerous Student Affairs and campus-wide boards and committees, including: Care Team, Sexual Assault Response Team, EMSA Quality Service Committee, Group Discipline committee, AOD Task Force, and more.
- He has presented widely on student conduct issues, including restorative justice, at conference and training events such as the ASCA (Association of Student Conduct Administrators) and the Ohio State Police.
- He has been the Assistant Coach for Women’s Volleyball at Canisius College and currently coaches and serves as the Tournament Director for the Niagara Frontier Volleyball Club.
- Todd has his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and a Master of Education in College Student Services/Development, both from the University at Buffalo State University of New York.
- Lisa Delaney is President of Power Design where she oversees the creative direction of digital projects for various clients including GSK and UBS.
- Lisa has her Bachelor of Fine Arts, from Northern Illinois University and a National Emmy from her work on the technical remote team at the Winter Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway.