DISCIPLINARY BOARD TRAINING
Empowering your board to make tough calls.
Make discipline part of your educational mission, rather than a distraction from your school community. Our proactive approach includes training manuals, procedure training, case analysis, neutral third-party mediation and real-time case practice. Our talented COS team empowers your board to make tough calls by building confidence in applying policies with consistency and clarity.
How can we help?
“I have worked with Katie on a number of occasions. She presented at one of my former schools, La Lumiere School, to our high school students and to our parents. Two summers ago, she visited my previous school and presented to our 4th and 5th graders, our middle school, our high school, our parents, and our faculty. She also helped us tighten up the language in our handbooks. Simply put, Katie is the best. She is knowledgeable, engaging, and most importantly, memorable. Students and parents still talk about her long after she is gone, and I have for years been using her examples in language as I build off her visits.”
- Administrative Hearing Script & Checklist
- Board Hearing Script & Checklist
- Confidentiality Agreement for Hearing Board Members
- Discipline Outcome Template
- Discipline Response Template
- Hearing Board Guidelines and Training Standards
- Intake Interview Questions (Sexual Misconduct)
- Intake Interview Questions (Technology)
- Sanctioning Guidelines Grid
- Sexual Misconduct Conduct Board Training Manual
- Witness Analysis Tool (Bias & Relevance)
- Communicating Notice
- Questioning Techniques
- Restorative Justice
- Weighing Evidence & Testimony
- Sexual Misconduct
- Title IX
Ask yourself these 3 questions.
- Are you consistent in how you treat sexual misconduct and racial discrimination?
- Are you competent in using restorative practices in discipline?
- Are you using a single administrator or a disciplinary team to address sensitive forms of discrimination? Why or why not?