Expectations and policies regarding appropriate interactions have changed dramatically in the wake of #MeToo, Time’s Up, and Campus Title IX regulations. Drawing a clear line for faculty and students, coworkers, and all professional relationships is essential for establishing respectful, comfortable environments.
COS presents real-world examples of boundary-crossing and outstanding strategies for building confidence in communication and interactions whether online or in-person.
- Appropriate times, venues, methods, and content to maintain respectful interactions.
- What constitutes a crossed boundary in academic and/or corporate settings.
- How to mitigate perceptions of impropriety.
- Situations and operations with higher risk for boundary-crossing.
- Sexual harassment as it impacts all sexual and gender identities.
- Effective policies and protocol to maintain clear boundaries.
“I offer our unqualified and enthusiastic support for COS and Katie’s work. We have engaged Katie’s team for faculty training, for targeted class training, and for all school training/conversation. Katie has worked with us to tailor her team’s presentations to our specific needs and to dovetail with our community life and human development programs. We have benefited from Katie’s and her teams’ on-going presence at the front edge of national conversations. Working with Katie and COS has made our school better and our work in this incredibly challenging area easier.”
“As a teacher at Sewickley Academy, I had the pleasure of listening to Katie Koestner for a third time. I was taken by surprise when she began to speak. Katie continues to revise her presentations and they are exponentially more powerful each time. Katie is that valuable speaker and role model that we need to hear.”