Gaming & Social Media
Online activity, whether through gaming, social networking, or even Googling is trackable, traceable, and retrievable by .coms and becomes part of our permanent digital biography. Each click, scroll, and like define your lifelong tech footprint. Whether gaming on Xbox or creating on TikTok, you remain in charge of technology choices.
COS experts teach how to maximize your online biography through mindful, deliberate choices regarding platforms, opt-in/opt-out for personal data access, and meaningful interactions, rather than harmful rants and raves.
- How Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Xbox, TikTok, Google, etc. use your self-posted information for corporate monetization.
- Top strategies and tools to become a circumspect digital consumer, student, parent, and educator.
- What constitutes internet and gaming addiction and mental health consequences.
- Surreptitious tactics used for misinformation and disinformation, and how to tell the difference.
- How your digital dossier is being shaped by your friends, family, and colleagues.
- Apps and resources for staying in control of your digital footprint and dossier.
“My favorite thing about you is how sophisticated your speech is. I was following along the entire way through and I could not believe how stealthily funny you were! You controlled the room and had us laughing one second and bringing the room to tears the next. Your timing was unbelievable, and the group you targeted couldn’t have been better executed. I earnestly believe that you made a difference.”
“I was concerned that we’d be having another boring lecture (we’ve had our share of those in recent months). From the moment you opened your mouth, however, I know that I could not have been more wrong. Your presentation was more powerful than any story read out of a book or seen on TV ever could be. You affected many people in my class who discussed your program for at least another hour afterwards. . . . I know you affected at least one person forever.”