Adolescents take risks the way gamblers roll dice: unsure of the outcome but tantalized by the prospects. While our children seem unfazed, parents entertain every possible nightmare scenario with Googled solutions. From the Internet and intimacy to partying and cheating, the adolescent playing field has changed and so must our strategies for successful parenting.
COS experts blend humor, science, and practical application, ensuring parents write “Don’t miss!” on their calendars for Parent Night. Host top brain scientists illuminating breakthrough research on MRI data on alcohol and the adolescent brain. Invite a technology expert who proffers insights from college admissions, future employers, attorneys, the FBI, and today’s teens. Inspire your parents to engage in meaningful conversations with their children of any age from the moment they return home from the presentation.
- What’s normal adolescent development for children from birth to college.
- Strategies to assess and bolster a child’s ability to weigh the risks and influences of peers and social media.
- Ways to balance the urge to step in with the importance of allowing children to learn resilience.
- The four types of parenting styles and determining which one best matches your child’s personality.
- Positive strategies to recognize and control your child’s and your own different emotions for different situations.
“I’d like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your revealing, thought-provoking & indeed, jolting, talk at Bellarmine College Prep last Wednesday night. I appreciate your fervent exhortation to end rape culture by talking openly with our sons.”
“What an inspiration you were to have on the Tallulah Falls School campus. Your talk to both the faculty, staff and parents, and especially the presentation to the students was both educational and beneficial to all.”